header

Project Groups

space

.

Slideshow

Class Blog Design Announcement

Hey Everyone,

One of the ideas I discussed with Dr. Horowitz after class was that we can use a slideshow of images as the banner of the blog homepage, that way we are not forced to decide on only ONE image. What do you all think?

Many of you have travelled to Jerusalem and captured humanizing, unique, and interesting photos on the micro level (the bus example, spices, maybe artisans hands at work kneading bread, working on their craft, making art, day-to-day activities, etc...) and on the macro level (the city skyline and landscape, crowds, group activism, protests, festivals, etc...) which could lend themselves to showcasing the REAL Jerusalem.

I think the majority agreed we should stay away from readily labelled images and symbols such as political flags and religious icons and instead focus on the physical landscape, merging of ancient with modern, and individual elements of life and culture.

Please send me any photos that you think fit into any one of these qualifications to be used in the slideshow, if that sounds like a good alternative to only a solitary image. My email is leahkirts@gmail.com

Thanks,
Leah

3 comments:

  1. Leah,

    I think this is a great idea. Although I don't have any photos from Jerusalem of my own, I support our class using this idea for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea too! I have a few photos I will send you.
    Thanks for spear-heading this for the class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a brilliant idea, I think this will convey a lot more than one symbol or image could ever do.

    ReplyDelete